6/15/2006

LED Suit Mod

I know I haven't made a posting in a while, mainly because I haven't worked on modding anything in a really long time. However, about a month ago, I was inspired to create the following suit in order to bypass a rule at my high school that banned the use of glowsticks at school dances. Therefore, I decided to create a suit that had LEDs embedded into it. The wristcuffs contained bright amber LEDs while my arms, collar, and pant legs contained diffused red LEDs. Not only did I have LEDs embedded in my suit, but I also wired several into my hair. Don't believe me? Watch the video:



The suit consists of 120+ LEDs, took 5 3v wristwatch batteries and 4 AA batteries to operate, yards of copper wire, cost approximately $30, and took 30+ hours to make and test. An uber special thanks goes out to my good friend Yohumbus for helping out all those long hours.

7 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

hey thats pretty neat. i saw a guy do something like hat at a party. the clothes are wicked btw

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude how did you learn to do that? what do I need to read/research to learn how? please email me at

soulfly909@hotmail.com

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats cool u should post a DIY on makin the LED suit Mod

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Bob said...

Frankli, this old fart thinks you rock, don't ever give up the fight against silliness.

Oh, good luck in college, though I think you're going to have very little need of luck.

A note to Carmen, good on you lady.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Eric Coomer said...

That's really cool. I echo the requests for a tutorial on how you did it!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that's sick I'd like to talk to you about helping me make one, or perhaps buying the one off of you, email me.

j19gib93@yahoo.com

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I plan on doing the same thing and id love to do this. If u could email me at ligerzero2009@aol.com id appreciate It. Vids Awesome btw And I agree with a DIY :-)

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home